Friday, May 3, 2019

Another Week, Another Move

Another week passed.  I have to relocate again.  I've had to move the past 4 weekends.  It's not work's fault.  Half of them were due to campground problems.

I don't mind relocating, other than the fact that it pretty much eats up an entire day whether it's 20 miles or 200.  These days have so far been falling on the weekend.  I just want a weekend to goof off.

I've have a lot of sunset photos.  That's a byproduct of having to sit at the boat launch for signal.


Found a stranded turtle.  I thought he was dead.  I guess the assumption was because of him being on his back, and not moving.  I came by about 20 minutes later and he was gone.  He's either alive, or he got eaten by something.  Lets pretend he was alive.

Latest campground.  It got real quiet once the weekdays hit.


This little beast has been fantastic.  600+ miles last week, and costs me less than $0.15/mile in fuel to run.  Definitely pulling it's weight.

If you're going to vandalize, it's best to be funny.

Signal and power; that's all I need.  The view from my office was alright.  The lake in the background is a bit tough to see.

I got plenty of sunsets this week.

HELLO!  His feet were soaked, so my truck was soaked.
I made a fast friend today.  I'm guessing St. Bernard/Lab, but could argue pitbull/husky.  He hopped up on my door down at the launch, and I gave him some attention.

I think his owners were out on a boat.  He lost his mind as one of the boats went by.  He'd come over and sit next to me for 10 minutes at a time, whimper, then jog over to the other side of the parking lot presumably to check if his people were back.

I sat in the shade with him for a little bit, and earned myself a shadow.  I tried to leave, and he followed the truck.  I took him to the far side of the parking lot, and tried to leave him, but he bolted after the truck.

I didn't want to lead him away from the launch, in case his people came back for him.  I talked to a passing ranger, and described the boat he was barking at.  The ranger told me that the boat was docked right by the campground.

I drove to the campground, and doggo faithfully followed.  I found the boat, but the people said that they didn't own a dog.  I grabbed a bowl and water, then headed back to the launch.  I figured that I'd watch a movie till the owners returned, or doggo got sick of waiting.

After my movie was over, I saw doggo hanging out by the launch as a pair of boats were coming in.  I felt kind of bad leaving him behind.

During my stay with him, a handful of people stopped to talk.  Two of the people thought they recognized him as a local pup, and nodded their heads as I described the boat.  He apparently belongs to "Helmet Head".

Hey Helmet Head, take your buddy with you.

Jerk.


Sectoral heterochromia

He had no trouble keeping up on park roads.

Muscles.  He still has to grow into his legs.

We have a good boy problem.