Sunday, June 30, 2019

Oh yeah. The Blog.

Problems have been hitting me consistently.  They're not overwhelming, just constant.  I guess I'm just average whelmed.  I'm grateful that they're coming at a pace that I can handle them.

Just a cool pic of my water heater at night.  Giant unsupervised flames in my camper while I sleep.  What could go wrong?

That's a new one.

I still get excited when I find an old car that would have already rusted to it's death in PA.

I don't speak French.

Saturday breakfasts.  All the foods.  Notice the pants in the background.  I was prepared.

After I hooked my water up to the tap, I found a leak under both faucets.  I thought that this faucet, with it's extension hose and sprayer, would make for a nice kitchen faucet.  I didn't think about the extra holes I would have to drill in the counter, or the space under the counter needed for the hose.  It made for an all day project, but came out nice.

You've seen this view before.  There used to be a power cable box here.

Ironically, the best way I found to remove it was with a big ol' hammer.  I had the radio on, and they were playing Pantera.  That helped quite a bit.
I had to go 75 mph to get around this clown.  He was swerving all over the place, driving full blast down the shoulder.

Taped to a telephone pole.  I'm going to go eat a chicken nugget.

A place for everything, and everything in it's place.  I thought we tried this before I left.  I thought that the black guitar wouldn't fit this way.  I was wrong.

I gained a few square feet of space with this shelf.  Square feets matter in a truck camper.  It was a well spent $30.

By the end of the week, this was a puddle.

I started getting alarms while I was out at work.  The camper would get up past 80 degrees during the daytime.  It wasn't really much of an issue after I got home.  After 5:00, it would cool down, and the air conditioning would catch back up.  Friday and Saturday saw temperatures of 95 degrees.  The air conditioner all but failed.  It felt better standing outside.

I cleaned out the coils the best I could

I tracked it down to this.  I would tap it, and the air would kick on and off. unfortunately, it would only run the compressor for about 15 seconds before it would overheat, and trip.  After that, the circuitry would wait 2 1/2 minutes before letting it try again.  Essentially, my air conditioner was only running about 10% of the time.
This is the first time I parked this rig in direct sunlight.  The air conditioner would turn the camper into an ice box at night.  It only failed when I needed it most.  It's a 30 year old air conditioner.  It's a sealed system.  I could have tried to do some work-arounds, but it's too damn hot to be messing with it.

I needed something now.

A comparable window unit would have cost $250 at Walmart.  It would have been quieter and more efficient.  Somehow, putting it on the roof, makes it cost $800, and sound like a jet engine.  I'm really disappointed with my purchase, but man I was tired of sweating.  I'm outside in the sun all day.  This is not negotiable.

Solid fiberglass roof.  I got this camper for a steal.  I couldn't be happier with it.  The stuff that's failing is 30 years old.  It's time.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the jet wash.  At least I'm not sweating.
Anyway, that's it.  A thousand bucks in camper repairs makes for a pretty bland blog post.  Don't care.  Have Water.  Have air conditioning. Am happy.